CONSTABLE BURTON READING ROOM
MINUTES OF THE COMMITTEE MEETING TUESDAY JULY 2nd 2013
PRESENT: Anna Corbett, Hilda Dobson, Cathy Ayers, Keith Manning, Jane Tarlton
APOLOGIES: Stewart Ayers, Mike Phillipson.
At the start of the meeting Anna addressed the committee with a request to co-opt Jane Tarlton onto the committee as secretary. The post had become vacant with the leaving of two key members of the village.
The request was accepted.
Keith requested clarification of certain issues shown in the previous minutes.
Since the last meeting , we have received income totalling £212.21, consisting of £164.21 from two social events ( coffee morning June 6th and afternoon tea June 16)
£30 received from the Parish Council as their share of the £96 cost of repairing the bench on the village green, and £18 from Imogen Wyvill for hiring the Reading Room.
During the same period, reimbursement expenses totalled £44.14 – representing reimbursement to Cathy and Ruth for purchase of plants for the village pots and to Cathy for the cost of fuel for the lawnmower.
Profit for the month of £168.07.
However, it should be remembered that basic monthly cost of running the R.R. is around £150- excluding any frills – Hence the need for continuous fund raising to ensure financial viability.
There are several payments for room hire outstanding.
Payments due from Fountains OCS Group (Lesley Meadows Prop)
Total payable £205.
Opening balance £2,863.83 Closing balance £3,031.90
The committee thanked Keith.
A ‘thank you’ and £10 from Fleur Selwyn Sharpe of Finghall for the hiring of crockery and tables.
- Saturday July 6th – Coffee morning and book sale – Hilly and Cathy.
- Thursday July 11th – ‘Back to Africa’ – George Tomlin – 7.30 – committee to provide finger foods – No charge / charity. Set up at 7pm.
- Sunday July 21st –Afternoon Tea – donations to be requested re the ‘Flyer.’
- Friday July 26th – Forties Evening
- Raffle – request for prizes – flyer
- Poster – advertising – Hilly
- Décor – Hilly. – thank you .
- Saturday August 3rd. – Coffee morning Mary Manning / Jean Knight.
- Sunday 25th August – Duck race and fair.
- 500 tickets have been printed. – 25 each to go to committee members.
- Special meeting to finalise the running of this day – MONDAY 5th. AUGUST at 7pm.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
- Steve Bell donated red plastic table cloths to the R.R. – A Thank you has been expressed.
- Queen’s portrait – Sheila to contact Mary Farnell to obtain her agreement for the sale of the portrait.
- Grant applications – 2 estimates for indoor lights have been received and sent to the Council. Tony Lambert to be approached for a second estimate for the toilet roof – Anna.
- August 18th. Afternoon tea CANCELLED.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING:
TUESDAY AUGUST 6th at 7pm