Constable Burton Reading Room Minutes
Thursday 14th June 2018 – 6.30pm
Present: Committee Members: Kylie, Hilly, Jennie and Gillian
Apologies: Mike, Stewart and Gerry
Minutes of Village Meeting 24th April reviewed:
– Lighted sign for speeding traffic: unfortunately this is not feasible due to high cost. Hilly is to speak with Councillor Tony Duff to see if any funds could be made available.
– Top prune of cherry tree in Donald Smith Court: Richmond District Council has cut the grass in the court and an inspection of the cherry tree was made. They said that the tree was in good condition and shape and that no pruning was required – they will however keep an eye on it when maintaining the grass in the area.
– Gravel on Station Road: this has now been removed.
– Pot holes in Mill Lane: the Council have identified and circled the holes for repair, so hopefully this will happen soon.
– Drains: all have been checked and cleared.
Jenni distributed an Income and Expenditure Account for the year ending 28th February 2018, many thanks to Jenni for this work. It was noted that there are three outstanding invoices to be paid for repairs etc totalling £278.16 which Jenni has in hand.
Jenni also confirmed that she had received a letter dated 27th April from the North Yorkshire Air Ambulance thanking us for our donation of £250.00.
A further letter was received from Barclays Bank re changes to accepting cash payments into business accounts. Gillian to contact Barclays.
It was decided to hold the Village Summer Fair on Sunday 19th, mainly due to key helpers not being available the following Sunday. A Steering Group Meeting for the Fair is to be held on Thursday 19th July at 6.30 to discuss.
Sunday afternoon tea to be held on 8th July 2pm – 5pm.
AOB: The repair to the shed roof still has not been done. Due to his job workload Gavin is unable to assist in the repair. It was left that Hilly would speak with John Edington (who has all the required materials for the job) and ask that he be in touch with Tim Moss direct to arrange a time convenient to both for the repair to be done.
Date of next Committee Meeting Thursday 13th September at 6.30
Summer Fair Steering Group Meeting Thursday 19th July 6.30
Meeting closed at 7.30pm