Christmas is a time when we’re all encouraged to find new ways to indulge ourselves and others – often spending loads of money in the process.
So here’s an idea for a Technical Treat that will Transform your TV – without spending loads of cash.
All you need is one of these:
And a spare one of these at the back of your TV
[Along with a smartphone or tablet to set it up and manage things – and if you don’t already have a Smartphone, or a Tablet, then there’s no point in reading any further – you already know what you need to spend your money on this Christmas! ]
It’s a Chromecast ‘dongle’ from Google!
Google Chromecast is a small media-streaming device that plugs into the HDMI port of your TV.
It connects your TV – wirelessly – to the internet via your Broadband Router so that you can:
- Browse & Watch BBC iPlayer (most of what the BBC has broadcast in the last 30days)
- View BT Sport (if you’re a BT customer)
- Stream Tesco ‘blinkbox’ video (rent or buy the latest movies and TV shows, without subscription)
- Watch all/any of the 25million YouTube videos (100hours of new content added every minute!)
- Then there’s also Netfix, Google Play, Now TV and …… lots, lots more.
- and you can even brows your OWN photo’s and video’s
So how much will it cost ??
Chromecast ‘dongles’ are sold all over the place (Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco and 100’s more) for about £30 usually including postage)
Are they any good ?
Well I’ve bought two, and Sheila wants to buy a third……
Need more information before you’re convinced?
Still reading this ??
Why ??[OK – there MIGHT BE a catch. Depending on the Broadband deal you signed up to, you might find there’s a maximum usage cap, and with this you’ll probably find you need to upgrade to ‘unlimited’. I did. So I called BT and, low and behold, I’ve now got unlimited broadband, and its costing me £10 a month LESS than I was paying beforehand. Amazing!, but your ‘mileage may vary’]