READING ROOM AND CHILDREN’S PLAY AREA
REOPENING 4TH JULY 2020
With effect of Saturday 4th July 2020 the Reading Room and children’s play area on the green can be reopened. The Reading Room will be available for hire. Use of its facilities will be subject to Government guidelines which will be strictly observed. Before/after each use the room will need to be cleaned and therefore systems will be introduced to ensure that areas used and only equipment that has been used will be cleaned. These measures will reduce the cleaning burden and to this end it is not intended that the kitchen will be open for use.
Children’s Play Area. The children’s play area will have the fence removed and grass cut on the 4th July. It is strongly advised that hand sanitiser should be used before and after using the swings and slide. Hands should be washed on returning home.
Volunteers are needed to assist with cleaning the Reading Room. We do not expect a rush of customers but if you are able to spare the time please contact me and I will add your name to the roster. Any help will be gratefully received.
The swings and slide will also be cleaned on Sat 4th July. Again, any help would be most welcome.
Hilly Dobson 24th JUNE 2020
Parish Councillor &
Props to Josie Downey for drawing attention to Morrisons ‘Doorstep Delivery Service’.
Morrisons launched the service in April after receiving many calls from customers who were self isolating, elderly or vulnerable and were not able to visit a shop.
Customers are able to place orders directly over the phone – with delivery being made the following day, free of charge, by a Morrisons from the local store.
And – as Josie can confirm – our local store in Ripon, are happy to deliver to Constable Burton.
People wishing to place an order should phone 0345 611 6111 and select option five.
Morrisons sa that it’s best – if you can – to place your order early on weekday mornings so as to avoid potential delays during the weekend. Simply run through your requirements with the person on the other end of the phone, and they’ll arrange delivery the next day. What could be simpler ??
You can find out more here….
Want even more information ?
Contact Josie directly – 01677 450 951
Constable Burton Volunteer Roster V6
- The Volunteer Roster for Shopping and Prescriptions is on the reverse of this covering letter. It covers the period from the 19th June to the 4th September. Please note that there has been some adjustment to the groups due to the availability of volunteers.
- You will all be aware that as we come out of ‘lock down’ that this is a time full of uncertainties. People are returning to work, shops are opening and some children have returned to school. I urge you to listen to what precautions are being advised by the Government and to keep yourselves safe particularly by ‘social distancing’ and by washing of hands. Do not share utensils, cups or other items.
- Summer Fair and Duck Sales
- A flier about this year’s Summer Fair on Sunday 30th August has already been circulated. I emphasise that, while we do not yet know what restrictions will be in place at that time, we will do as much as we can and have some fun! Children’s activities will be of a high priority.
- Duck Sales. Duck sales have started at a ‘waddling’ pace. They are available either from me or from George Tomlin. Please do not leave your purchases until the last minute and, if possible. Have the correct change available to avoid unnecessary handling of cash. Some may prefer to pay by bank transfer.
- Smith Race – £2 per duck
- Mill Race – £2 per duck
- Children’s ‘Dry’ Duck Race – £1 per duck.
- Prizes. Unfortunately, due to the current situation several of the published prizes will have to be changed. Suitable substitutes are being sort.
- Conclusion. Please stay safe everyone. This will come to an end but in the meantime we will battle on. And remember DO NOT SUFFER IN SILENCE.
Parish Councillor and
07th June 2020
LIST OF VOLUNTEERS SHOPPING AND PRESCRIPTION ROSTER
FOR THE PERIOD OF THE CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC
Volunteer Group 1
Volunteer Group 2
Volunteer Group 3
Volunteer Group 4
Shopping And Prescription Roster
|Fri. 19 June
|Fri. 26 June
|Fri. 3 July
|Fri. 10 July
|Fri. 17 July
|Fri. 24 July
|Fri. 31 July
|Fri. 7 August
|Fri. 14 August
|Fri. 21 August
|Fri. 28 August
|Fri. 4 September
1. Our volunteers have been divided into 4 groups to run essential errands for you on the dates indicated.
2. If you have an urgent requirement then get in touch with anyone on the above list.
3. If you need a chat, someone to talk to, call Fiona Dodgson at Bank Top Farmhouse on 01677 450114.
4. Do NOT suffer in silence get in touch with any of us if you have a problem.
5. Do what the Government is advising/enforcing and stay safe.
Parish Councillor and Response Coordinator
A GRANT from a local authority has helped to brighten-up a Lower Wensleydale village in these rather gloomy times.
Constable Burton Support Group has been given a grant of £500 through Richmondshire District Council’s coronavirus grant scheme 2020.
The majority of the money has been spent on….. Read More
Hot on the heels of Jason’s Cerebral Contest to help exercise Lazy brains during Lockdown – Steve Shaw has kindly stepped up to Maintain Momentum in this regard, and provided Quiz Questions to Pepper the Prefrontal Cortex as we look to Venerate VE Day…….
It’s Another Quiz!!
This time the prize for the winner is described simply as ‘A Bottle’ – there’s real beauty in simplicity!!
Entries to the competition can be made on-line here
Completed entries should be completed no later than 5:00pm on Friday 8th May [ VE DAY ]
Use of on-line search engines is CHEATING! [ ** Brain only ** ]